Pages

Thursday 31 May 2018

Ballad Poem

Over the past couple of weeks Room 6 has been looking at and making our own ballads , I made a ballad about School and how this girl was having a horrible day , In a ballad you must have a rhyming sequence like AA,B,C,B,C and in the poem . We looked at /studied the ballad of Ben Hall and based our ballads off of that . We tried to include language features in our ballads . This is my Ballad . My ballad has the rhyming sequence of A,A,B,B,C,C . meaning the first line rhymes with the second the third line rhymes with the fifth and the sixth line rhymes with the seventh . During this time I enjoyed coming up with the story line and watching it grow into a poem , Next time I will try and include more language features . I could work on the syllables being the same . 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up with a fright
And oh what a sight
School is such a pain
Who needs to grow their brain ?
I flew into the car and we speed off into the distance
I finally arrive and I fight with resistance .

Once in the door i feel so weighed down
I just stand there with a gloomy frown .
Everybody shouts and everybody pushes
I just fight for a spot next to the cushions
Oh no It's time to hand the homework over
I think I left it in the range rover

The teacher says go around the field
While the rest of us play swords and shields
The bell rings and now its morning break
There's these two bullies called blake and Drake
My best friends name is Kyla
But Kyla left me for delilah

After spending morning tea alone
All I want is to go home .
We all do some work
And the class goes berserk
The bell rings again and it’s time to leave
I hope this isn’t make believe

I begin to walk home without looking back
And all of a sudden crack, smash, smack
I’ve fallen over on the sidewalk
And I’ve fallen on some now  broken chalk
I think I’ve broken 4 million bones
I just have to think of watching the flintstones

I sprint home at 4000 km per hour
I’m running with so much power
Once i get home I look for my key
I can't find it so i sit under a tree
Waiting for Mum at 7 o’clock
Finally she’s here with my brother Brock

I try to be good and make them dinner
But then i remember i’m only a beginner
I try to cook burgers but i’ve started a  blaze
I hope we don’t have to live at aunty mays
We grab the extinguisher and we put it out
Then we go through the scenic route

We get dinner , from a takeout shop
When we get home my whole world stops
I’m suddenly not hungry , i’m suddenly not tired
I feel like nothing in the world I desired
I roll into bed i place my blankets over me
And i realise i’m carefree .

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Something helpful - add more info or ask me a question.
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning?

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.